Go Red For Women timeline
- 2003: First National Wear Red Day.
- 2004: American Heart Association launches Go Red For Women.
- 2005: First landmark goes red.
- 2009: AHA introduces Go Red Por Tu Corazon for women in the Hispanic community.
- 2010: AHA supports law prohibiting insurance companies from charging women more than men for health insurance coverage.
- 2011: AHA and Macy’s offer the first annual Go Red Multicultural Scholarship fund for women pursuing healthcare careers.
- 2012: HEART for Women Act passes, requiring the Food and Drug Administration to report gender information with clinical trial results.
American Heart Association News Stories
American Heart Association News covers heart disease, stroke and related health issues. Not all views expressed in American Heart Association News stories reflect the official position of the American Heart Association.